1. Know what action you want people to take
Remember that it can be hard to go straight from Facebook to a sale, especially if it’s to a completely ‘cold’ audience. Check out this post on How to warm up your audience using Blog Posts which explains this further.
2. Install the Facebook Tracking Pixel
I can’t tell you how many times we’ve shared the link to this blog post where Angela explains step by step how to install the Facebook Tracking Pixel into several different website types.
Download our Retargeting Guide & Case Study. You’ll learn how to turn website visitors into Custom Audiences that you can then retarget within Facebook.
3. Decide on your campaign objective
Getting into the Facebook ad-o-sphere can be confusing at the best of times, so check out this post on Why your Facebook Objectives matter. Remember – it comes down to what you want people to do – see point one.
4. Create your ad images & video
Dotti Tip: If you are using video which has you talking or a voiceover, make sure that you add subtitles. Rev.com is a great service which allows you to upload videos & they’ll make your subtitle track for you – for just $1USD per minute.
5. Be clear on who you want to target
6. Know your Hook
As Angela wrote in her post, Five ways to win with Facebook ads, “If you don’t have a clear reason for people to take action on your ads then they will fail. The best image & the best targeting will not help you if you cannot dial into the WHY that makes people want your offer. You need to tap into the desires & pain points and the solution you can teach or offer to these”.
7. Have your landing page ready
This can be the biggest downfall of any online advertising or promotions. You hide THE most important information behind several clicks. One of the students in our FB Ads Masterclass recently shared her ad for feedback in our Facebook group. In the ad copy she directed people to go to the SALON page on her website in order to find out more.
- What does it look like on mobile?
- Are the ‘Book Now’ buttons big and bright?
- Does the sales link work?
- Have you included testimonials? If not, then add some in
- Are there any links to other pages on your website? If yes, then remove them.